Second Annual TOUR de BLAIRSTOWN on August 5, 2017
Sponsored by Marty’s Reliable Cycle to benefit the Foodshed Alliance
Rolling hills, farmland vistas, the Appalachian Ridge, Paulinskill Valley Rail Trail, and a town of proud heritage and robust rural flavor all come together in one tremendous cycling event on August 6, 2016. Blairstown is just 1.25 hours from NYC and Philadelphia and 7 miles off I-80, Exit 12. Locals have always known that Blairstown, NJ, boasts some of the best cycling on the East Coast. Now they’re ready to share it with YOU.
Here’s what you can expect:
- EARLY BIRD $40 per rider until April 30 registering online; $45 per rider registering online from May 1 through August 4; $50 on-site registration the day of the event
- An easy registration process with free coffee at check-in
- Check-in begins at 6:30 a.m. and closes at 9 a.m.
- Three spectacular rides: 25-, 40- and 62-mile options
- The 25-mile ride leaves at 8:30 a.m.; the 40-mile ride leaves at 8 a.m.; the 62-mile ride leaves at 7:30 a.m
- Rest stops along the way, with free water and snacks
- Lunch after the ride is included in your registration fee and catered by Race Farm Cafe and Creamery. You’ll have your choice:
Omnivore selection–Spinach wrap of nitrate free turkey, grass-fed swiss cheese, arugula with a homemade aoli, side of Southwestern chopped salad with cilantro lime dressing, fresh picked seasonal fruit, and bottled water
Gluten-free and vegan selection–Wrap with farm grown roasted garlic & eggplant hummus, with diced heirloom tomato/cucumber brushetta & spicy radish sprouts. Seasonal fresh picked fruit, and side salad of broccoli slaw with tahini miso dressing, and bottled water.
- The first 300 registered riders will get a complimentary ride t-shirt.
- Following the ride, shop at the Blairstown Farmers’ Market and/or enjoy Blairstown Historic Day, sponsored by the Blairstown Museum, a celebration of Blairstown’s heritage on Main Street, just one block from the market. Spend the afternoon enjoying the ambiance of a bygone era with live entertainment; antique, craft and food vendors; antique/vintage car show; a birthday celebration for Blairstown founder John Insley Blair and much more.
P.O. Box 713
Blairstown, NJ 07825
5 Stillwater Road
Blairstown, NJ 07825
Open Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
173 Speedwell Ave.
Morristown, NJ 07960
1164 Rt. 10 West
Randolph, NJ 07869
156 Main St.
Hackettstown, NJ 07840